- When it comes to making your kitchen safety for your children, begin with the prevention of accidental poisoning. Pesticides, detergents, and many other toxic chemicals are found in the kitchen. Keep them out of sight and touch to your kids by hiding them in a high shelf or under the sink.
- Don’t stop there; install safety locks to prevent crawling babies and toddlers from gaining access to these harmful substances.
- Another important consideration is to prevent burns. One area in the house that puts people at risk from injuries is the kitchen. Aside from the knives available there, it also has hot pots and boiling water.
- Teach your children what they can touch and what they must not. Make sure they follow this rule. Moreover, avoid holding a child when you’re holding a hot pot in one hand.
The Use of Cutting Boards, Pans, and Pots
- It is better to use a cutting board that is made of hard maple or a material that is dishwasher-safe. Your cutting boards should always be cleaned as a way to prevent food poisoning. Preferably, purchase two cutting boards, in which you use one board for fish, raw meat, and poultry.
- Many people choose pots and pans that are crafted from heavier metal, as these distribute heat well. However, they are also quite difficult to lift especially when they contain food. Lifting heavy cookware can be the cause of strain in the upper and back arm. You may opt to use lightweight cookware.
Buy Quality Knives and Exercise Safety When Using Them
- A good quality set of kitchen knives is considered an expensive investment, but they are durable and long-lasting. They are also much easier to use, hence also safer.
- You knives can last for a long time if you wash them by hand. Use soap and hot water. After that, let them dry quickly.
- Store your knives away from small children. In addition, avoid using your kitchen knives for other uses in your house to avoid accidents.
It is important to keep your family safe when inside the kitchen. Set some safety rules to prevent injuries and accidents. Talk to an insurance agent what policy to buy to protect your home and family even more. At American Trust Insurance, we put our clients first by offering them policies that they can afford. Learn more about our products and services by calling our agency at (305) 270-2220. You can also request for a free quote by CLICKING HERE.